03 July 2008

You're a Grand Old Flag!

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands
one nation, under God, indivisible
with liberty and justice for all
.

Francis Bellamy


Happy Fourth of July!!
I'm waving my flag proudly and joining many others over at Ask Kari & Kijsa's. Go over and visit them and their patriotic participants. Kari & Kijsa have a beautiful blog, by the way--if you haven't ever visited them, you should.



We just returned home late last night from a trip to Arkansas. We had a great time visiting family there. We even celebrated Independence Day a little early with an old fashioned picnic! I basically begged my mom to fix a picnic like she always did when I was growing up. It was so delicious: fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, baked macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs....are you licking your lips yet?!!

Picnicking at Lake Fort Smith, Arkansas

We decided to picnic at a recently re-opened state park and it was a lovely spot. Mr. B slept through the majority of our time there though, but I'm not one to argue with nap time!

Mr. B hogging the lawn chairs

Following our afternoon of eating and swimming, we finished off the evening with a few fireworks for the kiddos. It was mostly sparklers and snaps and they loved every minute of it! I'm glad, because last year Mr. B wasn't too keen on them and the Princess would really tease him by waving sparklers at him.

Tomorrow we have a laid-back day planned. Family-time at home during the first part of the day, then late in the afternoon we're heading to some friends' house for food, swimming and fireworks. We're all looking forward to it! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday together!

7 comments:

Heather & Reese said...

I'm sitting here wishing I'd been with you on your picnic! LOL! Good food and a nap... sounds perfect to me!

Happy Fourth!

~Reese

Beverly said...

Thanks for sharing your holiday and patriotism with us. I hope you have another wonderful July Fourth.

ceekay said...

Oh, sparklers!!!
Those brought back so many happy memories! Happy 4th!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Images and words such as these make my heart sing with pride. Happy 4th of July!

Bobbie said...

Love that flag flying... so pretty! and Naps! You had naps at your house! What a great day!!!! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had an awesome time visiting the fam in Arkansas! Wow, your mom's food sounds yummy! Thank you so much for coming tonight! I really enjoyed seeing ya'll! We need to do that again soon, we dont have to wait for another holiday to do it though! :) Sarah C.

Mrs. Trixi said...

Your flag looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Trixi