08 September 2008

Back to School


It's been a long, long time since my last *back-to-school* day. Today, however, was my oldest child's first day of school ever. She was so excited, I was a little nervous. But we got started on time and it went so smoothly. Today's plan went something like this:

  • devotional/Bible reading
  • phonics/reading
  • handwriting
  • (snack break)
  • phonics game
  • math
  • (lunch break)
  • read aloud time (Book of Virtues)
  • art time with dad

The day ended with her begging to do more. I hope that lasts! She kept telling me all day long how much she loves school. I had fun, too, although I must admit I'm going to have to get really creative in how to keep my 3-yr-old son busy. He wanted to be in the middle of everything today:) That's okay though, because he's learning, too.


13 comments:

Betsy said...

So fun! I didn't know you were going to homeschool....sounds like the first day went great!...and it looks like you are preschooling, too with Mr. B. :)

Nancy said...

I'm glad it went so well. I'm trying to do an "informal" type preschooling at home this year with Little Miss, and I have the same problem...Little Man wants to be in the middle of it all!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Keep usp posted throughout the year!

PinkDaisyGirl said...

I hope she continues to love school too. The little ones can always be a challenge, but since he's close in age, you'll be surprised how quickly he might pick up some of the things she's learning just by listening.

If there is a show you let him watch regularly, that's a good time to squeeze in school with her. Also, if you are able to play with him for a few minutes and give him some attention before you start with her, he may be more likely to play alone for a little while and give you some uninterrupted time. Of course it always works in theory, now in practice....

~ Kayren

Rachel said...

yeah for homeschool!!! congrats :)

Kari said...

Yea! I can't believe she's so big already. =) Tell her congratulations and good luck! and xoxoxo

Sherry said...

Hope your week goes well with homeschooling! This is our first year homeschooling and are in our 6th week.

Thank you for coming by and posting on my blog about my menu, too! The sandwich was great!

Britt-Arnhild said...

Oh, you are homeschooling?
Good luck to you all, also your little son :-)

Kelli said...

Happy First Day of School! Your daughter is so cute!
~Kelli

KC said...

Glad the 1st day went well for you all.

steviewren said...

I hope she will always think learning is fun.

steviewren said...

You've been tagged over on my blog!

Song Lee said...

Well, I am glad things are going well school wise. I wondered what little man was doing while you were teaching. Your plan sounds marvelous. Bennett will be ahead of the curve!

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks so excited about school! She is so smart, I know you will be a great teacher Lora! Sarah C.