1. garden-fresh okra, in all it's glory.
(You definitely want the pods to be small--too big and they get tough).
2. I discard the top and the tip, then slice the rest into a bowl. Always cut up what looks like more than you need because it cooks up a little.
3. Next I toss it with flour, cornmeal (a little less than the flour) and some Cajun seasoning.
4. You just want it lightly coated.
5. Next, just cover the bottom of your skillet with canola oil, then pour in the okra. Fry on medium, stirring often so that it doesn't burn. It'll be nicely browned when it's done.
6. The beautiful end result! So tender and tasty!!
You've gotta try it.