21 April 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Well, we got home late last night--which is why I haven't posted all day! I've been dealing with the usual *trip aftermath* all day. That's the worst part of a trip, in my opinion; having to unpack the suitcases and deal with all of the laundry. But that's one of the (many) perks of staying at my parents' house--my mom sends us all home with suitcases full of clean clothes! She's such a June Cleaver! I love her! It really was a great weekend. We were in need of refreshing and I feel like our little getaway did just the trick!....Plus there was some good shopping involved (more on that later!)
We visited my grandma in her new digs. Since I saw her last (at Thanksgiving) the family has moved her into an assisted-living facility. She has Alzheimer's and is slowly going away from us in her mind. She was having a good day though and was so glad to see us, especially the kiddos.

The kiddos with their Great-Grandma

On Saturday we decided to take the kids the Nature Center in the area. To our surprise they were having a special event in honor of Earth Day. We all had a great time and the weather couldn't have been more perfect!

I make my kiddos stand by signs for pictures--just like my parents made me! lol!

checking out the tadpoles growing


fun with deer antlers

Mr. B touching a snake


on the lake with Nana & Aunt Kari

Saturday was mine & Vince's 11th wedding anniversary. It was a pretty laid-back celebration this year. We just so enjoyed sleeping in and going out that night. We had dinner at Doe's Eat Place--WONDERFUL STEAKS!!

going out for our anniversary

Sunday morning we attended church where we met and married. It was nice to see all of our old friends at our *home* church. After church and a delicious Chinese lunch (it's hard to get good Chinese here in NW Alabama!), we hit the road back to our house. I got a lot of good reading in this weekend, too, I'll be posting on that soon!

one last parting shot with my mom & sister

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! I'm looking forward to getting caught up with you all. I did have a little time for reading blogs this weekend (and making a few comments) but no time for anything else. Too much sleeping-in, eating, staying up late, shopping.........you know.

3 comments:

Songlee said...

Sleeping in??? Congratulations!!! :D

Kelli said...

Wonderful pictures, Lora! It looks like everyone had a fun time and I agree with the unpacking-it's the worst part! LOL
~Kelli

Jamie said...

Welcome back, sounds like it was a great time!