24 April 2008

What I Did With My Treasures

OK, since you twisted my arm, I'll show you what I did with all those treasures I scooped up!

First, here are the shelves along with the bronze pot which I stuffed some pretty green "plants" in. I don't know why it looks like my wall is bowed out--it's really a flat wall! I promise:)
Here's a close-up--I just love how they turned out!

Here are the bird prints. I had first thought of a different place for them, but decided that I really loved them with my *welcome* sign.


This is one of the little "plants" I potted. The container once held a poured candle. I thought it was too pretty to toss after the candle burned down, so I've been hanging onto it. I love the way it looks!
And, lastly, this is one more small "plant" in yet another saved pot from a long-ago arrangement. I think I got it sometime around the time of my daughter's birth (5 years ago!). I guess I'm a sort of pack rat:)
It's fun adding new decor to the house every so often, especially when it doesn't cost much!

7 comments:

Heather & Reese said...

Lora, I love what you did with your treasures! Very nice. And I love the red pot. Beautiful.

Reese

Betsy said...

Yes, it is fun and gives your house a fresh feeling! Especially love the bird prints. They look great with the welcome sign!

Songlee said...

Excellent. Can't wait to see them in person. That picture of Bennett from last year at the beach, man it's hard to believe he has grown that much since last year!

Lora said...

Thanks for all of your very sweet comments about my decorating fun!

Heather & Reese said...

So, when are you going to be in my area? I could use some serious assistance! LOL! You did a fantastic job!!!

Heather

Kelli said...

I love how everything looks, Lora! The greenery is the perfect touch!
~Kelli

Jen @ irrationallove said...

Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed your posts. I found you through Betsy at My Five Men. Oh, and your "plants" are my kinda "plants!" :0)