29 October 2008

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!!!






Rolled Sugar Cookies
(Southern Living)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
*****
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar,
beating well. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt;
gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Shape dough into a ball;
cover and chill 1 1/2 hours. Divide dough into thirds. Work with one portion of dough
at a time, storing remaining dough in refrigerator. Roll each portion to 1/4" thickness
on a lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters and place on lightly greased cookie
sheets. Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cookies
cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired. Yields 3 1/2 dozen.

7 comments:

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

That looks like so much fun! Is that your mom? I'm just guessing because you said she was visiting this week.

Send some my way to my snowman plates! :)

~ Kayren

p.s. I'm going to get around to answering your question in a little bit, so check back. I just didn't want you to think I wasn't going to answer because it was taking me a while.

Lora said...

Hi, Kayren,
I noticed that I left out a pic with my mom in it, so I went back and added one. My mom is in the striped shirt and my sister is the one with the short, dark hair.

Terry said...

Lora who is the music on your site it is piano and so beautiful I wanna buy it

Betsy said...

Yum! I'll take two, please!

Rachel and Jacob said...

looks like you had a blast

Kari said...

It was a mess, but it was fun! =)

Nancy said...

YUM!! What a great project for your mom and sis to enjoy with the kids!