23 October 2008

Creamy Cheddar Soup

We had a great time tonight with our small group. Vince spoke from the book of Ephesians. He talked pretty much to the husbands tonight concerning *the role of a husband*. He did a great job and we had some good discussion. Although next time he says he's going to address *the role of a wife*-ha!

I thought I'd share the soup recipe that I made tonight. It was yummy!



Creamy Cheddar Soup
2/3 cup shredded carrots
2/3 cups thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
dash of white pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup cubed cooked ham
*************
Saute carrot, celery and onion in butter in a stockpot until tender.
Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute,
stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat,
stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Add salt and pepper; stir well. Add cheese and ham, stirring until
cheese melts. Serve immediately. Makes 6 cups.

8 comments:

Betsy said...

This looks yummy....and your photograph is beautiful...love the blue will bowl! :)

Kari said...

Boy, that message sounds familiar! =) Soup looks great, too. Can't wait to see you guys. <3

Song Lee said...

Two of my favorite things combined in one - cheddar and soup. Sounds like a winner! Have fun Sunday! Wish I could go!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Your soup looks fantabulous! I agree with song lee cheese is a wonderful food and then combine it with soup and you've got a winner. I pray you have a great weekend. hugs, Trish

steviewren said...

Your soup recipe sounds really good. I'm printing it out and will give it a try. Thanks.

Rachel and Jacob said...

i love soups!! they are a nice one-pot mess.... :)

Heather and Reese said...

Looks great. I love cheese soup. I make a beer cheese soup that I copied from a restaurant. Very yummy. It's a little different that this recipe, but I'm going to alter it to include the veggies. Yum.

~Reese

Nancy said...

MMmmmm!!! Sounds wonderful!

Why doesn't Vince let YOU talk on the role of a wife! :)