18 November 2008

Giving Thanks~Day 2

Giving Thanks


This year we made a *thankful tree*. This is the first time for us to make one, but I've been seeing so many around the blogosphere and it seemed like a great project for the kiddos. And they are enjoying it!


We simply found a branch in our backyard, stripped the leaves off of it, stuck it in a block of foam and put it in our fireplace ash bucket with a little bit of moss hiding the foam--then started adding our own paper leaves that have things we are thankful for written on them. Very easy! I just used some leaf cookie cutters for stencils to draw the leaves, but I'm sure you could find a template online or free-hand some leaves, too.

For more Thanksgiving ideas, visit Kelli's at There Is No Place Like Home.

10 comments:

Laughing Lioness said...

This is great! I like the different colored leaves = ) !

Pink Slippers said...

Great tree. I have not seen one like that. Using actual branches. Very neat.

Jamie @ Purposeful Pursuit said...

Very cute!!!

Kari said...

Great idea; would love to see close ups of the leaves. =)

Wanita said...

I really like the idea of a thankful tree. I wish I had thought of it when my girls were little.

Blessings,
Wanita

PS: Your Cinderella coach pumpkin is adorable.

Lynn said...

This is a great idea. Very sweet and pretty, too.

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog :)

Susie Homemaker said...

I also wish I had known about the tree when my grown kids were young...I will be sharing with the daughters for the Grands though!

Warm wishes,
Susie

Kelli said...

What a sweet thankful tree! I love how you used a branch!
~Kelli

nanatrish said...

Your tree is so clever. It looks so sweet. Your fireplace looks so homey.

Kate said...

I love this idea! I've been trying to think of a good Thanksgiving themed project for us all to work on together. I know what we'll be doing tomorrow. Thanks!