08 December 2008

Menu Plan Monday *UPDATED*


Well, this morning I'm sitting in our hotel in London, KY. We've been here this weekend for Vince to speak at a church. It's been great: we've met new friends--kindred spirits--and we have really enjoyed it! The fact that our hotel has an indoor pool, a Starbucks right outside the front door and a Frisch's Big Boy right next door and beautiful snow flurries in the sky has absolutely nothing to do with that either!! We are getting ready to head home today, but since I had a little time this morning I thought I'd stay on track with my menu plans...

(for those of you wondering what in the world Frisch's Big Boy is....here it (he) is in all it's glory! I grew up with Frisch's in OH and miss Big Boy terribly. I've never seen these south of Cincinnati and couldn't have been more excited:)

Monday: probably a carry-out pizza since we'll just be driving into town

Tuesday: spaghetti and meatballs

Wednesday: tacos al carbon

Thursday: pasta with sausages and peppers

Friday: small group progressive dinner (more on that later!)

Saturday: leftovers??


Don't forget to visit Laura's I'm an Organizing Junkie for more great menu ideas.

9 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Sounds great!! You're only about an hour and a half from me :)

I gave you an award over on my blog! Check it out :)

Shannon said...

I love reading everyone's menues...it makes me hungry!! :)

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

Lora,
I'm behind on my blog reading...actually haven't been on for a whole week! So I'm reading the most recent first and may get my answer in a minute, but I'll ask anyway just in case...

Is this a church for a possible move, or just a speaking opportunity for Vince?

Okay, reading on now.

~ Kayren

steviewren said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Be careful on the drive home.

Sandy said...

sounds like a delicious menu!

Angela said...

Sounds good! Lots of comforting foods for this time of year!

nanatrish said...

That hotel sounds magnificent. Don't you just love indoor pools? Starbucks right outside the door. Okay, I'd be all over that. I guess when I retire I will need to cook everyday and then I will need to come up with menus. Of course, now that my 401K is shrinking maybe I'll just keep on working. I need to get ready for Christmas.

Jamie @ Purposeful Pursuit said...

A hotel with a pool counts as a vacation for our family:) Sounds like a fun weekend. And your menu looks great too.

Kari said...

Aww...I'm jealous! =)