20 March 2009

Masterpieces in Miniature: The Detectives

I recently finished reading this book and just had to tell you about it. If you're a mystery lover like me, then you'll love this one!

It's one super thick book (probably a couple of inches) and it's chock full of short stories. They are by Agatha Christie and feature four different main characters in solving crimes. Of course, I was familiar with Hercule Poirot and Miss Jane Marple, but there were two others that I had not yet been introduced to. I really enjoyed *meeting* them!

The biggest reason that I loved this book is that it was perfect for getting my crime-solving fix in just before going to sleep at night. The stories are so short that I could solve the mystery in 30 minutes or less and go to sleep without still wondering what's going to happen:)

Of course, it's Agatha Christie so the stories are very cleverly written! I just love her versatile style!! She's an amazing mystery writer!

So pick this one up and ENJOY!!!

5 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

What a great idea. I will put it on my wish list right now, thanks for recommending it.

Have A Fantastic Friday
from A Raggedy Roberta Anne

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

I hadn't heard of this one. That sounds like a fun before-bed read, and I'm with you on going to sleep without wondering what's going to happen. I'm going to see if I can find it. Thanks for the heads up!

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Lora. Thank you for sharing,The recipe you gave for the fruit salad dressing is a must for me to try. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes.
Blessings,
Sue

kari and kijsa said...

Love this! We just wanted to say Thank you!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

steviewren said...

I've never read Agatha Christie. I really need to put her on my list of classics. I try to check out one classic that I've never read every time I go to the library. Maybe by the time I'm dead I'll have read them all...not that it will matter by then anyway.

I like short and sweet reads these days myself. I feel that I've accomplished something that way.