07 April 2009

Organizing Children's Puzzles

So, which ones of you with small kiddos~or grandkiddos~ have a stack of puzzles around your house like this?

If your kiddos are like mine, they work these so often that the boxes are just falling apart. I decided that I'd had enough of taping them back together. There had to be a better way! All of a sudden I had a spark of a memory...somewhere I'd seen an idea something like this:
So I got busy right then and there, cutting the tops off the boxes and ziploc-ing those suckers along with their pieces into bags. So nice and neat! I put them all into one small basket. And there's room to add plenty more, if need be.
And that works for me!


For more great ideas at Works For Me Wednesday, head over to We Are THAT Family.



9 comments:

Hadley said...

That's exactly what we do...down to the basket! The only difference is our basket is lined in pink LOL ~ It really makes it easier for the kiddos to put up too I think.

Kirby3131 said...

Ziplocs are such a marvelous invention. What an excellent idea!

Kristin (The Goat)

Raggedy Girl said...

Great idea!

Have A Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne

Annikke said...

I was thinking the other day about the puzzles and was trying to figure out something... guess what I'm doing this weekend?? ;-)

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

I really like that idea - so much easier and saves so much space! Thanks for the tip!

Becky said...

This method works for us too! I'd also read to put the puzzle together, turn it over, and label each piece the same (with just a single number or letter per puzzle) so that when they all get jumbled together it's easier to separate them. I have tried it with 24 piece puzzles, but not with 500 piece ones!

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

That's exactly what we used to do when the kids were smaller. Now that they are older and we have puzzles with more pieces and they are more careful with the boxes, we don't do that anymore, but it was fantastic when they were little!

Jamie said...

That is an excellent idea!!!

Lora said...

Becky~
that's a great idea! I'll have to remember that.

Kayren~
you're right~this method probably works best for puzzles for little ones. Most of these come from the $ store and the boxes are so flimsy. The *big* puzzles come in much sturdier boxes, it seems.