27 June 2009

A Photo Shoot at the Beach

While we were packing for our trip to the beach last month, I decided to throw in some photo-shoot-worthy clothes for the kiddos and try to take some of them while we were there.

I knew it was a long shot (pun intended) because I am no professional children's photographer with a seemingly-endless-supply-of-patience. Nope, that is not me at all.

I am, however, on a tight portrait budget this year and I do love to take pictures. And while I don't love the standard-Sears-portrait-studio-type shots, I do LOVE outdoor, natural-light shots. So, I thought, why not at least try.

I was pleased with my first try at this. Just had to share some of my faves.

10 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Hi friend, peace...
Your post (include pictures) very interesting.
If you willing visit my blog, and read my post at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... if you love books, read The Holy Qur'an please...

Sharon said...

These photos are adorable! the casual earlier ones at the beach were nice to but it's nice to have some more formal ones. The colours are great, the light and sand and then the colours in the clothing look so nice contrasting with the beach. Beautiful.. You can never have too many photos of your kids.. Because they grow up so quick and you do forget so the photos help us remember.. My eldest is turning 30 this year. Not sure where the time has gone..Enjoy them while you can.

Michelle M. said...

Beautiful photos! You did a great job. Your kids are gorgeous!

Sherry said...

Wonderful job! What time of day was it? I love the new fb profile pix!

Lora said...

Sherry~
Thank you! It was right around 7:30, just before sunset. Actually that bottom one was the last shot I took and you can tell that sunset is quickly coming on by then, that shot was a little dark.

Betsy said...

I think they are perfect! They look professional to me! Wow!

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

I noticed them on the sidebar the other day and wondered if you had them taken on vacation. You did a great job yourself!!! They are beautiful!

Kari said...

They really did turn out well. I especially like the one of B's fangs. =) lol

jenni said...

TOO precious! I especially love the one of them walking and looking at each other. *sigh*

Renee said...

LOVE their outfits! Okay, been browsing and enjoying your blog. Gotta go finish dinner!!