05 September 2009

Apple Bread

Since several of you asked...here it is!


Apple Bread
(Recipe from the Mary Engelbreit Autumn book)

3/4 cup canola oil
1 cup white or brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup chopped, peeled apples
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1 Tbls. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
*****
Beat oil, sugar and eggs together. Add in the apples, walnuts and lemon zest. Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Add to apple mixture, but don't overmix. Pour into a 9'x5' loaf pan. Bake @ 350F for 55-60 minutes.
*****


We have thoroughly enjoyed this new-for-us recipe! It's a nice size for snacking for a couple of days. If you need/want something larger though, you must try my grandma's apple bundt cake recipe (see the sidebar to the right). It's still my all-time fave apple recipe:)

7 comments:

Boo-Bah said...

It's getting to be that time of the year when recipes calling for apples sound so good. I would like to try this one.

Iris

jacquerose said...

That looks so good! There are many large apple orchards around the area where I live and soon it is time for our Apple festival, so I will save this recipe to try out this month. Thanks!

Tracey said...

This sounds delicious! It would be a great snack or breakfast for us. Thanks for sharing!

Betsy said...

I made your grandma's apple cake several times last fall and winter. You're right..it's the best!!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Lora, this looks so yummy. I love your look on the blog. With Betsy's recommendation on the second one I will have to check it out too. Thanks for your sweet words on my post.

Heather and Reese said...

That looks great. Ian's an apple fanatic- this would be a good one to make with him after he gets home from school at noon. Fun! Thanks for the recipe.

I haven't been in the blogging world for awhile and hadn't seen your new look till now. I LOVE it! Beautiful!

~Reese

Lora said...

Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments about my new look!:)