06 April 2010

The Gift of a Pineapple

A couple of weeks ago we invited one of my aunts and one of my cousins over for dinner one evening. My sweet aunt brought me the yummiest-looking pineapple as a hostess' gift.

I tucked it in the fridge, while deciding what to do with it. I mean, it's a delicious, fresh pineapple~so I wanted to make it count:)

I saw a recipe the other day that I knew I had to try: Pineapple Salsa! Since I had some cilantro leftover that needed to be used, I decided that was just the thing for last night's dinner.

So I give you: Grilled Salmon with Pineapple Salsa. Wonderful!


The salmon was simply the *wild caught* salmon fillets from the freezer section of the store.
I just thawed it out, then we brushed it with a little melted butter
and sprinkled some seasoned salt on top and let it grill.
Then I served it with this:

Pineapple Salsa
2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
1 green onion, sliced
(I used chopped red onion instead)
2 Tbls. lime juice
1 Tbls. snipped fresh cilantro
*****
Mix all ingredients together and serve.
It's even better when you make it ahead and let the flavors really blend.

Oh~and if you're wondering (like I was) exactly the best way to cut up a pineapple,
I found this great site that told me just how to do it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a really pretty meal. Does that sound strange? LOL. It looks delicious.

Up until last year I had never tried fresh pineapple. It is so much better than canned pineapple!

Valerie said...

Lora, if you want to try another fantastic way to use pineapple, try simply cutting it into rings or chunks and grilling it. That really brings out its natural sweetness. :)

Lora said...

Yes, Valerie, we love grilled pineapple! I usually used canned, but now I'll probably want to buy it fresh:)