12 April 2010

I'm So Proud...


...because the day has finally come when my daughter has become obsessed with detective books! I've been collecting them for years now (of course, I read them all as a kid~mostly from the library) and have been so looking forward to the day when my children would read them. I loved, loved, loved these books!! I was Nancy Drew and I'm sure I drove my parents crazy creating a mystery out of everything.

This past year, my daughter first caught interest in detective stories when she read a Nate the Great book. Very cute books, I must say, and even though I didn't read them when I was younger, they are from a couple of generations ago. She is also getting into The Magic Treehouse books plus a few random juvenile mystery books I saved from childhood.

She is also getting very much interested in the ones I've been collecting all this time, even though she probably won't really start reading them for a little while yet.

But waiting patiently in our Learning Room is Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, the Bobbsey Twins and Brains Benton, along with a few others, whenever she's ready.

Oh, and little brother is checking them out, too. He's just starting to read, but he really likes the cover pictures:)


What are some of your favorite childhood books?

4 comments:

brlracincwgrl said...

I used to enjoy Nancy Drew! R.L. Stein Books. Thorobred Series. Little House on the Prairie. Oh the list could continue....

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I know your joy! I only wished I could get my daughter to love reading and all the places it can take her.

So exciting!

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

She might like the Time Spies series if she likes Magic Tree House.

steviewren said...

I love, love, loved Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, the Bobbsey Twins and Trixie Belden books. But I'm jealous, because I don't have nearly as many as you! It's great that your daughter is getting into them. None of my kids ever did. But I've still got them so maybe the grands will.