28 July 2010

Your Ideas Wanted Here

In the past few years I have begun to simplify some of my home decor. This has included de-doilying my end tables, coffee table, etc. I didn't realize how many I had accumulated over the years. It all began when I worked in a Victorian-style gift shop, in case you were wondering.

I have some really beautiful handmade pieces (not shown) that I am definitely keeping for another time, but I also have quite a few pretty smaller pieces that I'm wondering what to do with.

I'm thinking there must be some great crafts that I could make with these. I'm not really a *country* decor girl, so I tend to shy away from that style. But nothing really good is coming up with I google *doily crafts*...haha

So...give me your thought, leave me some links, just help in general!! There's got to be something fun I can do with all of these.

If not, maybe a *doily giveaway* is in order...LOL

7 comments:

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

The smallest ones could be made completely stiff with a liquid starch (I think that's what it is) and then sat on the Christmas tree limbs, kind of like snowflakes. I have one or two that my Grandma made in a snowflake shape on purpose like this.

Small pillows if you have any the same shape, otherwise you could fold them in half and leave the fringe-y part on three sides decorative hanging off and one side you wouldn't have to sew since that's where the fold was (I know that was horrible, but I see it in my head).

Done, I have VBS on the brain.

Valerie said...

They could all be delicately stitched together to create a lacy tablecloth overlay or a bedspread overlay. (solid colors underneath will make the overlays appropriate for any season.)

Brenda said...

These would be great in a crazy quilt ( that's what i would do if they were mine). You could also use them in pillows, framed with childhood mementos or family heirlooms, etc. What a treasure you have! Lucky girl :)

Lora said...

These are some great ideas, girls! I'm pondering...:)

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

You won one of the giveaway items over. Can you please email me your address (kayrenc@gmail.com) or just in reply to this comment. I have a post up with all the winners.

Thanks for blogging about the shop!

Theresa said...

My mom has made doilies and then framed them with a dark background and hung them on the wall. You could even add silk flowers and sell them at craft fairs!

Deb said...

I second getting them framed. My mom did that with some of my great-grandmother's doilies and they turned out beautiful.

Thanks for visiting me during the Blog Hop!