17 January 2012

My Reading List for 2012 {so far}


I have been thinking lately about all the books I want to read this year and there are always too many to count, it seems!  I LOVE to read!  In recent years though I have to let something go--at least temporarily--in order to get some reading done (usually it's a basket laundry waiting to be folded).

I got quite a few new books for Christmas and now my stack of waiting books is getting pretty tall!  I thought I'd share with you what I'm working on reading right now.

{in no particular order}
  • Experiencing God the daily journal, by Henry Blackaby (a re-read)
  • Celebration of Discipline, by Richard Foster (a re-read)
  • The Power of a Praying Parent, by Stormie Omartin (a re-read)
  • The Charlotte Mason Companion, by Karen Andreola (currently reading)
  • The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Romance, by Heidi St. John
  • The Distant Beacon, by Janette Oke and T. Davis Bunn
  • The Solitary Envoy, by T. Davis Bunn and Isabella Bunn
  • The Innocent Libertine, by T. Davis Bunn and Isabella Bunn
  • The Night Angel, by T. Davis Bunn
  • Falconer's Quest, by T. Davis Bunn
  • The Acts of Faith trilogy, by Davis Bunn adn Janette Oke
  • Unlocked, by Karen Kingsbury
  • Rome and Jerusalem, by Martin Goodman
  • The King's General, by Daphne DuMaurier
  • The House on the Strand, by Daphne DuMaurier
  • The Glass Blowers, by Daphne DuMaurier
  • Crazy Love, by Francis Chan


Do you have a current reading list?  Do you have any really amazing books that you want to recommend to me?  I'd love to know!

1 comment:

Kympossible said...

I loved all the Bunn/Oke books, but I'm wondering if I missed something - which books are in the Acts of Faith trilogy? Maybe I just don't recognize the trilogy title.

My reading list this year includes lots by Stephen Lawhead, and I have a Peter Leithart book that is a commentary on six Shakespeare plays. I plan to read through those sometime this year as well.