26 February 2012

Fish Stick Po' Boys


This is one of my easy, quick-fix meals that is super yummy--we all love them!

Fish Stick Po' Boys
1 box of frozen fish sticks--about 30 sticks (I like Mrs. Paul's)
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp. hot sauce, or more to taste
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
4 sub-style sandwich rolls, split
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
3 tomatoes, sliced (I leave these off)
*****
Preheat oven to 475F.  Cook fish sticks according to package.  
In a small bowl stir together mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice 
and relish; set aside.  A few minutes before fish sticks are done, toast 
the rolls in the oven.  Smear one side of each toasted roll with spicy mayo.  
Add a layer of fish sticks (about 5 per sandwich) and top with lettuce and tomatoes.  
Serve with chips or french fries on the side.  

2 comments:

Kari said...

I've always been leery of fish sticks, probably because I don't usually like fish. =) However, I love steak fingers....random, I know. =)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Well, not all fish sticks are created the same:) That's why I like Mrs. Paul's--they are made from whole cuts of fish fillets and not little random bits of fish "pressed" together into a stick shape (gross!).