02 January 2013

A Handmade Holiday: Gifts Recieved

This past Christmas there we received some adorable and fun handmade gifts!  I love handmade gifts!  They are always unique, from the heart, and made with love.  I just had to share these with you.

Mustache mugs hand-painted by my sister~totally awesome!!
(Vince's mug is a Tom Selleck 'stache and my mug is Quill's from The Cat Who...books)

Hand-stenciled t-shirts with Darth Vader and Luke for the "boys" from my sister:)

A hand-painted nesting nativity set for The Princess from my sister.

I love this awesome lap desk that my sister made me~
it even comes with a pen holder and a clip to hold papers!
(Top view)

Here is the cute Mary Engelbreit fabric covering the cushion on the bottom:)

The coolest collage from Vince to me with all of the places I've/we've lived.

A beautiful handmade platter from a family in our church.

I must say I am very inspired for next Christmas!  I've already created my "secret" board on Pinterest and am busy plotting all of the handmade gifts I'm wanting to make.  I figure if I start now I can probably get them done:)

*****
Don't miss anything here at My Blessed Life!  
Subscribe by email, follow this blog, 

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are awesome gifts! I LOVE homemade gifts as well; however, mine never turn out so lovely. :( Tell Kari she needs to start a blog about homemade gift ideas and tutorials! Better yet....how much would she charge to make some of mine? ;)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Nancy,
I keep telling her the same thing:)

Kari said...

I know. I know. I never remember to take pictures while I'm making things, so I would have to tackle re-doing all of the projects. And frankly, that just makes me tired. lol

Storybook Woods said...

What great handmade gifts. I see mustaches are the thing ;-) I am impressed your hubby made a collage and he did a fab job. (This is something my sweet hubby would never do) Well done Vince!! Clarice