03 September 2013

Tasty Tuesdays {Baked Chicken Salad}

It's Tasty Tuesday again!!  

I recently made an old favorite of ours.  I had forgotten just how much I love this recipe!  I first enjoyed it at a delightful restaurant in Eureka Springs, AR~The Victorian Sampler.  This charming tearoom in the beautiful Victorian mansion on the hill closed for a while, but it appears that it may have reopened.  I sure do hope so!  Because if you're ever in that area you definitely should visit there--and don't forget to pick up one of their wonderful cookbooks!

(Sorry the pan in this photo is an ugly foil one, but I was baking huge pans of this for a luncheon at our church).


Baked Chicken Salad

4 cups chicken, cooked & diced 2 cups celery, diced 2 Tbsp. lemon juice 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced 2/3 cup almonds 1 small jar pimentos, diced 1-1/2 cup mayo (not Miracle Whip) 1 tsp. salt 1/4 cup onion, minced 1 cup cheese, shredded plain potato chips, crushed
***** Combine all ingredients except potato chips.  
Stir gently, mixing well and add to baking dish.  
Top with potato chips. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes 
or until chips begin to brown.  
Serves 12.


Don't want to miss a thing here at My Blessed Life?
Subscribe by email today!

No comments: