Skip to main content

Cranberry~Orange Relish

You may remember me mentioning that we had a total of three Thanksgiving dinners this year.  So I took the first one as an opportunity to make a cranberry relish that I've been wanting to try for a while now--usually I can't bring myself to break away from my so-far-all-time-fave on Thanksgiving Day:)

I was SO pleased with how this relish turned out!  It was delicious!  And my husband LOVED it!!  I could totally see this on yummy leftover turkey sandwiches, too.  

If you're looking for something different to do with cranberries this year, this just might be the thing!

Cranberry-Orange Relish
1 bag fresh cranberries
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 lg. fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2 naval oranges, peeled and segments cut into pieces
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1/2 cup sugar
2 celery stalks, chopped
Pulse cranberries in a food processor (or blender) until coarsely chopped.
Transfer them to a bowl and add: onion, jalapeno, orange pieces (and any juice), 
lime juice, ginger, sugar, and celery.  Stir to combine well.  
Refrigerate for at least 1 hr before serving, but can be refrigerated
for up to a couple of days.  Stir well before serving.

Subscribe by email and never miss a thing here at My Blessed Life!


Popular posts from this blog

Making Notebooks

Recently I tried out a new craft idea~and it was SO much fun!! And extremely frugal, too. That's always a bonus, right? So here we go: 1. Take your basic composition notebook (purchased at the back-to-school sales for .99 each). 2. Go to your craft supplies and get your Mod Podge ready, along with a good paintbrush. 3. Look through all those scrapbook papers you've been randomly collecting and choose some. 3. After choosing your paper for the cover of your book and trimming it to fit, start *painting* the cover with the glue. Next, give the back of your paper a good coat of glue, too. (I left the binding uncovered so that I could use a contrasting paper there later on). 4. Glue it on! Remember to smooth out any air bubbles under the paper. 5. Flip the cover open and make a few cuts on the corners so that they will fold over nice and neat, then add a little more glue to the edges of the inside cover and a little more to the paper edges. 6. Fold them over a

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second c

Door Hanger Chore Charts

My kids have had a chore chart for a while.  It's one of those magnetic boards and they share it.  However, it's not by their rooms and often they (and I) forget to update it.  Plus it's a little bulky.   When I saw the concept of a door hanger chore chart on Pinterest, I loved it!  It was compact, right there were the kiddos could see it coming out and going into their rooms, and it costs almost nothing to make.   I headed over to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, of course.  They  have these little wooden door hangers for .79.  I also grabbed a couple of packets of decorative buttons for $1.99 each.  I already had the clothes pins and the paint so those cost me nothing.   I began by painting the door hangers (I used tempera paints because that's what I had).  Then I grabbed a fine point Sharpie and the clothes pins and started writing chores on them, making sure to write them correctly so they will clip on the right direction.   The left