Skip to main content

End of the Week Wrap-Up {the symphony & a scooter}


We have officially completed day 95 of homeschool this year!!  Whoo hoo!!  This makes me a happy mama:)

This week has had it's ups and downs, but it has wrapped up pretty well.  I have really been struggling lately with being the mom that I need to be and want to be.  Some days I have more challenges thrown at me than I know what to do with.  I have recently reached out to a few close friends for prayer in this matter and I'm so glad that I did.  While the challenges are still there, I feel stronger to face them.  I have been praying earnestly for godly wisdom, patience, and strength ...and God is so faithful to hear our prayers.  I am so thankful for his endless mercy and grace in my life!  


We have enjoyed some good family time this week.  Yes, we are homeschoolers so we are together all of the time.  But it's good to just do the fun stuff.  I'm guilty of trying too hard to get that perpetual "to do" list accomplished every day and I'm trying to be more intentional about fun.  That's a pretty good goal, don't you think?  We've enjoyed some good board (or table top) games, fun on the Wii, and currently the kids are totally enthralled with our family read aloud: The Mysterious Benedict Society.  


We had another field trip this week, this time to the Nashville Symphony.  It was wonderful!  Of course, I love the symphony and couldn't wait to take the kids, but it really was a special day together.  We met up with our homeschool group and as it was a special concert for students there were lots of busloads of public school students there as well.  We were so excited though that our group got to sit in the lovely box seats!  


The Princess was pretty excited this week when she was able to purchase something she's been saving up for over the past year.  Isn't that the cutest little scooter?  This past week has brought some of our coldest temps of this winter so far (all the way down to 0F ...brrr), but Saturday was very mild and she and Mr. B were finally able to get out and enjoy her new scooter and their new bikes from Christmas.  They needed to get out and burn off some energy and soak up a little sunshine.  

And that wraps up our week!  I'd love to hear how your week went~tell me about it in the comments! 


Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...