22 August 2014

Homeschool Day at Cheekwood Gardens


This week felt almost like our school year had started back again.  We took a fun field trip with several other families from our homeschool group to Cheekwood Gardens in Nashville.  Each year Cheekwood hosts a special homeschool day, usually developed around their summer theme.  This year the main theme was Big Bugs, along with emphasis on Andy Warhol's Flowers and a couple more smaller-but-just-as-beautiful exhibits.  We really enjoyed it (even if there was a heat advisory and I thought at one point we might truly melt...ha!)!  

Here are some highlights from our day:   


David Rogers' Big Bugs 


Patrick Dougherty: Little Bitty Pretty One twig sculpture


On the Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail


More of the Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail

If you live near Nashville or are passing through, this is a great spot for enjoying nature, strolling through gardens, taking a leisurely "hike" on the sculpture trail, browsing the art museum, or having a picnic on the grounds.  

aahhemmm....I recommend going on a day when there isn't 100% humidity though. ;) 



A big thanks to my sister for sharing her photos with me ...since I forgot my camera.

1 comment:

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

Looks like a great field trip! :) Reminds me a little of Turtle Bay in Redding, CA.