23 February 2015

What's For Dinner {Feb 23rd}


What a week this past week has been!  We've had 'Snowmeggedon' here in Western Kentucky!  About a foot of snow total, plus some ice.  That means we've been inside.  A lot.

And that means lots of cooking.  And cleaning up the kitchen.  :)

Why is it when you truly need to cook and don't have other options, that's when you least want to do it?  I have felt like that a lot this past week...ha.  Mostly because I was tired of being at home constantly.  We did have some good meals though!  And I tried several new recipes: homemade granola bars, roasted cauliflower soup, and even homemade dog biscuits for our dog!

So I'm looking forward to getting out more this week but I have some yummy meals planned, too.

Here's what's cooking this week: 

Monday:  Cajun Turkey Breast (slow cooker), Red Beans & Rice, Crispy Brussels Sprouts w/Bacon & Garlic

Tuesday:  Fajita Stuffed Peppers (Vince & me), Grilled Ham & Cheeses (for the kiddos)

Wednesday:  BBQ Turkey Sandwiches

Thursday:  Pinto Beans (slow cooker), Fried Potatoes, Cornbread

Friday:  {out}

Saturday:  {out}


This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.


2 comments:

Laura said...

How neat to include red beans and rice as a side. We always have it as an individual meal. Happy Monday!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Laura,

Sometimes we do, too! But I thought it would make a good side with the Cajun turkey :)