19 October 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Ahh...it's nice to sit down after getting the kiddos tucked into bed. It's been a good day: waking up to beautiful weather...worshipping at the Lord's house...having a home cooked meal for lunch (thanks to the crockpot)...getting all of my grocery shopping done alone...relaxing at home with the fam...having Vince make his *special sandwiches* for dinner...and making a fresh batch of Chex Party Mix with my new favorite seasoned salt (this stuff is amazing). Now I'm ready to menu plan. Here we go!

Monday: pinto beans and cornbread (I've had this on my menu the last two times and have yet to make it--hopefully the 3rd try is a charm)

Tuesday: beef tacos, Spanish rice, refried beans and, of course, guacamole and pico de gallo

Wednesday: beef stir fry, rice and egg rolls

Thursday: small group night *soup/salad/baked potato* night--I'll probably be the potato baker

Friday: fish stick po'boys and slaw (we love this!)

Saturday: make-your-own pizza night

If you need some inspiration for your own dinner menus, check out I'm an Organizing Junkie for tons of menu plans!

4 comments:

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

I love pinto beans and cornbread, and so does my hubby, but I haven't made it in years. He has gout and it's bad enough now that if he ate that many beans he would probably wake up the next morning unable to walk for at least a week. You made me drool over them though.

Have a great week!

~ Kayren

It's just my life....annie said...

We are also having beef stir fry this week!
Hope you have a great week!

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

How do you make the fish stick po boy? It all sounds so yummy. Every time I see your picture I think of our pastor's wife. She is a sweetheart and I will try to find the website exactly so you can see her. You are both so pretty. I'm going over to the new manly blog.

Rona's Home Page said...

Your blog is so beautiful and I love the photos of you and your family.