09 November 2009

*Blessings*

A few weeks ago I saw this beautiful idea over at Inspiring Ideas. So on a day of playing in the leaves at my parents' house, I picked up some dogwood leaves (because they were so pretty this year) and pressed them under a stack of books. Then they stayed there for something like a couple of weeks:) I finally got around to making this last Friday.

It was just a matter of drawing the letters on with school glue, sprinkling glitter over the glue, waiting for it to dry, then punching holes in the leaves to hang them. I started to use ribbon, but the leaves were too delicate, so I used embroidery floss.
I love the way it turned out! So simple and pretty.

6 comments:

Tanyia said...

I love the way this turned out, and this is something the kids could do as well, which I love!

Michelle M. said...

Oh, I love this! I may have to copy you :)

Kayren, Pink Daisy Girl said...

That's cute. Makes me wish I had a mantel.

I did a post on our church's Missionary Christmas. It was easier than trying to do a lengthy explanation in the comments, plus I had pictures. I thought you might like to know since you asked and so you wouldn't miss it.

steviewren said...

Bringing nature inside is the perfect decoration for this season of the year.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Lora - I LOVE IT!!! I am thrilled to death when people like my ideas AND then go make their own version! The simplicity is perfect, looks wonderful! Yeah!

PS: come back this week - I'm doing a giveaway!

Christie said...

I LOVE it too!! So great out how you brought nature inside, so cute!