Skip to main content

Menu Plan Monday: Aug 29th

Can I just tell you how happy I am to be making a weekly menu again?! It has been one long month (meal-wise) and I am ready to get back into my cooking groove!

I've never been so tired of eating out in my whole life. Not that I haven't had some good food, but I could probably wait a week (or six) to eat another burger.

My kitchen has been the hardest room to figure out since our move and it's still very much a work in progress. I've got LOTS of painting to do and some more organizing, but at least I think I've finally found all of the kitchen boxes (I couldn't even find my knives until this past week!) and can now function fairly well. And thank goodness, my cookbooks are accessible again because I need some inspiration.

Last week I made our first homemade meal since moving in (Stouffer's enchiladas and pasta from the freezer section doesn't count): the Pioneer Woman's spaghetti & meatballs. Really yummy! Although I got a little heavy-handed with the crushed red pepper and the sauce was a bit too spicy...oops! The homemade meatballs turned out great though and I had a bunch to put in the freezer~now to come up with some great ways to use them!

What's your favorite way to use leftover meatballs? I'd love to know!

Monday: snacks & leftovers from the weekend (like I said, I'm just getting back into the groove!)
Tuesday: Meatballs (maybe in bbq sauce?) with mashed potatoes
Wednesday: Potato Soup
Thursday: Tacos (fave seasoning recipe here)
Friday: Stuffed Pizza Rolls with *Olive Garden* Salad
Saturday: Leftovers/Snacks

Now that doesn't sounds like too hard of a cooking week, does it? Gotta ease back into it slowly!

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...