Skip to main content

The Weekly Plan {Jan 16th}

Sitting here on Sunday night, eating a bowl of beef & noodles, catching up on some blog reading, I was inspired by my friend Kathy to not just think about my weekly meal plan, but my actual plan for the week.  I am an obsessive calendar freak and love to have the lesson plans all done for my kiddos.  I also always plan out the week's dinners.  Last week I got really crazy and made myself a list of lunch ideas.  A few (very few) times I've even followed a cleaning schedule throughout the week. 

Now I've heard it said that "life is what happens while we're making plans" and that definitely rings true with me.  However, life always seems to go smoother when you have a guideline {aka: a plan} to follow, right? And I certainly need a plan this week!  I'm buried in dirty laundry, there's a sink full of dirty dishes, the pantry is nearly bare and we have lots to accomplish in school this week.  Not to mention that church kitchen I'm wanting to wallpaper and decorate, a desk full of mail/paper/whathaveyou to unbury and a mountain of ironing that is waiting on me.  Yes, I would definitely say that I need a plan.

So here goes...at least this is the beginning.  I may add to this throughout the week. 

Monday:
  • Have a partial day of school doing fun, extracurricular subjects
  • Finish lesson planning for the rest of the week
  • Catch up on laundry
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Make grocery list & go grocery shopping
  • Dinner: Leftover Buffet (spaghetti, beef & noodles, loaded bbq potatoes, baked beans, potatoes w/sausages)

Tuesday:

  • Full day of school
  • Visit the library & PO
  • Finish preparing for Wednesday night childrens' class
  • Take The Princess to sell Girl Scout cookies
  • Dinner:  Stuffed Shells with Bruschetta & Pesto Bites

Wednesday:

  • School
  • Change all bed linens
  • Girl Scout meeting
  • Teach childrens' class at church
  • Dinner:  Chicken Tacos

Thursday:

  • School
  • Take The Princess to sell Girl Scout cookies
  • Pick up around the house for Small Group
  • Dinner:  Egg Rolls & Teryaki Pork Tenderloin

Friday:


Saturday:


Sunday:

  • Church
  • Lunch:  Out to eat!

I'm not planning out my lunches for each day, but I am planning to make these for lunches and snacks:

So...what do you have planned for this week?





Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...