Skip to main content

The Weekly Plan {June 11th}


It's summertime!  Yea!!

We are officially done with our school book work for the year (even though I have lots of learning planned for the rest of the summer:).  This week my sister is visiting though and we are excited about a nice break from our routine.

Sunday: {what we did}
-Lunch: Slow Cooker Stuffed Chicken Rolls, Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Squash
-Drive through the elk and bison prairie in the Land Between the Lakes
-Pizza at friends' house

Monday:
-Relaxing at home!
-Go swimming
-Dinner: Steak and Veggie Kababs, Salad, and Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob

Tuesday:
-Craft day at the library
-Browsing our downtown
-Go swimming
-Dinner: Ricatoni's Pasta, Salad and Bread

Wednesday:
-visit the farmers market
-Go swimming
-Dinner: Tostadas

Thursday:
-Visit the Shaker Village Museum in South Union
-Go swimming
-Dinner: Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Hot Dogs with Baked Beans

Friday:
-Mini Chefs event at Opry Mills in Nashville
-Visit the Tennesee State Museum and maybe other Nashville sites
-Dinner: Pizza-on-the-Grill

Saturday:
-Check out Childrens Day at the Homeplace at the Land Between the Lakes
-Dinner: Grilled Smoked Sausage, Roasted Broccoli and Hasselback Potatoes

What have you got going on this week?

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...