0. A comment for Heather: We miss you!!
1. Do you have fake plants in your house? Do you like them? I admit it, I have some fake plants. I have some real ones, too, though if that makes you think more highly of me. I do actually like my fake ones (except that they get dusty), I made all of the arrangements myself except the ficus tree (which is probably my least favorite--I used to have a gorgeous real ficus, but hubby killed it--oops!). I don't, however, do fake flowers, just greenery. You can see some of them here.
2. What is the oldest piece of furniture you have that is not an antique? Describe it. Hmmm...probably our dinette set. It belonged to my parents back in the 80's and we inherited it when we got married and they got a newer, bigger set. It's well-made and serves its purpose, and thankfully I can recover the chair seats as often as I want (and have 4 times!), but someday I want an antique mahogany set.
3. Do you have any antiques? Yes, I love them!! My most recently acquired ones are a gorgeous table that belonged to my great-grandmother and a Windsor chair that came from a great-great aunt. I got both of these pieces via my grandma this year.
4. What type of dishes do you use? China, stoneware, Corelle, Tupperware, paper plates? Oh, I do love dishes!! We nearly always eat on our everyday china which is Johnson Bros. Blue Willow (as I'm sure you've noticed in all my pics of food-ha!). I do have finer china that we got when we were married and I use it on special occasions. It is Lockleigh by Noritake and I also have some Evesham by Royal Worcester mixed in with it for the holidays. We do use paper plates occasionally for lunch, but in trying to be more eco-friendly we don't use them quite as often anymore.5. What is your favorite thing in your house? That's a tough one! I have lots of favorite things, but I'll share just one. I have several punched-paper samplers that I've made (with kits) and I adore them! I am not one to embroider or cross stitch, but I can do these and they are so much fun! And they look beautiful in your home. Here are a few that I've done:
6. Do you like to use lamps or overhead lighting? I much prefer lamps!! There are some attractive overhead lights, but it's nice if they are on dimmer switches.
7. Are you a pristine white wall person or do you love color? Color, Color, Color!!! Currently in our home our formal living/dining is dark brick red; our entry/hallway is a soft gold color; The Princess has a cotton candy pink room (her pick); Mr. B has a blue room the color of a traditional globe; our bedroom is chocolate brown. Our plan was to paint our family room a gold one shade darker than the entry/hallway, but we haven't gotten around to that yet. Right now it has b-o-r-i-n-g cream colored walls. They are actually paneled walls papered in a neutral sort of paper, which is the hold up. We hadn't decided if we wanted to try to strip the paper off and paint the paneling or cover the whole thing up with painted bead board paneling.
To read more about others' decor or to join in the fun, head over to Everything's Coming Up Daisies to find out the details.