29 December 2013

What's For Dinner {Dec 30th}


{Edited}: What was I thinking?!  Apparently I forgot entirely that I MUST have black-eyed peas on New Year's Day!!  What kind of a Southerner am I?!  So nevermind the Hamburgers Diane on Wednesday.  They're definitely getting bumped for some black-eyed peas.  What I'd love is some Hoppin' John's, but I don't think my kiddos would like it.  So we'll be having plain ol' black-eyed peas (which are delicious anyway!) cooked with ham, fried potatoes, and maybe a green of some sort.  We'll see...
*****

Ah ...is anyone else ready for some routine and organization after the busyness and craziness of the holidays?!  I sure am!!

We've thoroughly enjoyed the holidays--especially all of the yummy food!!--but I'm ready for everyday, normal again:)

This is my first menu plan in almost a month!  That tells you how busy and, at times chaotic, our schedule has been...lol

Here's what on the plan for this week:

Monday: Chicken & Wild Rice Dressing

Tuesday: {New Year's Eve}  Family night out--whoo hoo!--I'm thinking ...a Japanese steakhouse:)

Wednesday: {New Year's Day}  Hamburgers Diane, Mashed Potatoes, and a Veggie   Black-eyed Peas with Ham, Fried Potatoes, and something green!

Thursday:  Poppyseed Chicken with White Rice and a Veggie

Friday:  Tacos (using my fave homemade taco seasoning)

Saturday:  Stromboli and fresh veggies with dip

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

*****
Subscribe by email and never miss a thing here at My Blessed Life!

No comments: