- cook macaroni in salted boiling water; drain
- add cubed cheese (cheddar, Colby, whatever you like)
- add butter and stir all till cheese & butter is melted
- add a little milk if mixture is too dry
- season with salt & pepper (or add Cajun seasoning, like me!)
- stir mixture well and pour into a baking dish
- sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- bake @ 350F until just light brown on top
My grandma was never one for written recipes. She just cooked from memory most of the time. Sadly, dementia has robbed her of that and she doesn't remember how to cook at all now. She turned 90 this year though! She has had a long, wonderful life and has been blessed with a huge family: 7 children, 15 grandchildren, 29 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren!
I was tagged this week by Nihal to post the 4th picture from the 4th folder on my computer and when I was looking that up tonight it turned out to be one of my grandma with some of her children.
(left to right) Aunt Linda, my mom Evelyn,
Aunt Doris, Aunt Janie, Aunt Omi and (in front) Grandma Tapp