Skip to main content

A New Bedroom For the Princess

The Princess' room is finally done! (Well, except for the fact that I'm planning to paint all of her furniture white...but that will have to be another month). She is so happy with the way it has turned out and I really am, too!

To really appreciate her room now, you need to see the *BEFORE* shot:

Yep, that's some kind of raisin color. If you looked at it one way it looked brown, but another angle might make it look dark purple. Either way, it didn't match anything and it made the room feel so small. (Dark, room-shrinking colors has been a theme with this house that we have had to combat. But, hey, paint is easy!).

So her room has been repainted with a lovely light, bright pink and accented with bright orange dots of various sizes. Vince did all of the painting, stenciling the dots by using a dinner plate, a casserole lid and a cd. We're resourceful around here! The dots are in a sort of band around the room in the center of the walls. And the band of dots is just a bit wavy~I like that.

Above her bed is the Target knock-off owl canvas that we made and also an adorable canvas with names for a princess that I picked up on sale at Hobby Lobby (the only new thing I've bought for her room).

This is one of my favorite set of photos that I have framed of The Princess from when she was about 4. The *Princess* word cut-out is separate and I liked the way it sat on top of the frame, just in the center of that big orange dot. Things like that make me smile:)

I thought The Princess might be ready to tuck her teacups away for now since her room decor was no longer in soft colors with no antique plates on the walls, but, no, she wanted her teacups. I think they look great in here, too.

Her bookcase is filled with tons of books, dolls and treasures of all kinds, of course.

We also got our new blinds in for the house~yea!!! And they look great!! I do plan to dress up the windows with some fabric, but for now this will do. I'm just happy to have privacy again.

Thanks for taking a tour of The Princess' room with me!


Unknown said…
What a great bedroom for a Princess! Great job, hope you are enjoying your new home!
Kathy said…
It's BEAUTIFUL! You guys did an amazing job on it all!
Kari said…
I love it! It's adorable and totally her. =) Can't wait to see it.

Popular posts from this blog

Door Hanger Chore Charts

My kids have had a chore chart for a while.  It's one of those magnetic boards and they share it.  However, it's not by their rooms and often they (and I) forget to update it.  Plus it's a little bulky.   When I saw the concept of a door hanger chore chart on Pinterest, I loved it!  It was compact, right there were the kiddos could see it coming out and going into their rooms, and it costs almost nothing to make.   I headed over to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, of course.  They  have these little wooden door hangers for .79.  I also grabbed a couple of packets of decorative buttons for $1.99 each.  I already had the clothes pins and the paint so those cost me nothing.   I began by painting the door hangers (I used tempera paints because that's what I had).  Then I grabbed a fine point Sharpie and the clothes pins and started writing chores on them, making sure to write them correctly so they will clip on the right direction.   The left

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat

Fun With 4th of July Crafts: Part 3

I love my new patriotic front door wreath!! I had fun putting this together, although I must admit this is more of an adult craft than one for kiddos. I was inspired by this article in Family Fun magazine. I didn't have quite everything I needed for this one, but all I had to purchase was a few sheets of scrapbook paper and some double-sided tape. Then all I had to gather up were some scissors, regular Scotch tape, a ruler and some cardboard. First I cut four (5"x 6") pieces of each paper. Then by placing a piece of double-sided tape on one of the short ends of the papers, I rolled them into cones, pressing the seams together well. Then I cut a 10" circle out of cardboard and began to stick the cones on it. I used another piece of double-sided tape to stick the cones on, arranging them in a circular pattern. Next I used regular Scotch tape to attach them on the back to the back of the cardboard. After getting all the cones on, I was ready for my centerpiece. He