Skip to main content

Ramblings on pregnancy and travel

It has been a whirlwind week around here. And I think I'm still somewhat walking in a daze about the pregnancy. Don't get the wrong impression though, we are very happy about it. We always talked about wanting more than two children and now we are blessed with our hearts' desire.
I'm starting to look at things differently now though, thinking what it will be like with three little ones instead of two. Remember when you only had one child and just going to Wal-Mart was a major event? Then along came #2 and you wondered how you would ever get out the door! Well, some days it still takes forever to get out the door, but going most places with two kiddos is pretty easy for me now. (Only because I'm used to it!) Now I'll be taking my bravery to a whole new level with three. For example: this past Monday we had to make a quick trip to Arkansas for a meeting. We left our house at 5am to catch a 7am flight, arriving at our final destination around 1pm--not too bad. And the kids did amazingly well; very good travellers, they are! It was the trip home that nearly did me in though. We needed to be home for my husband to be in the office Wednesday morning, so he insisted that we fly home Tuesday night (like I said, very quick trip). We left Arkansas at 5pm to *enjoy* a 3 hour layover in Dallas. All-in-all it went fairly smoothly, until they announced that our flight was delayed 30 minutes! By that time all I wanted to do was lay down on the play area bench and go to sleep! If only Starbucks hadn't been closed! By the time we finally took off on our final flight home, my son had already fallen asleep like a little angel. My daughter was asleep halfway through the flight and they never woke up through landing, getting off the plane, going to the car, driving home or even being stuffed in their beds for the rest of the night. They really are good travellers, eh? I was so grateful since I was the walking dead by then. After stumbling into bed at 1:30am, I thought I had truly died and gone to heaven on my pillow. It took me most of the next day to recover from it all. There's something about the exhaustion of the first trimester (at least for me), that is worse than just about anything....I think my point here was that the whole trip I kept thinking "how will I ever do it with three?!?" But I know that my experience level will simply bump up and it'll eventually seem easy, right? Right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat

1st Day Back to {home}School, Among Other Things

We did it! We finally got unpacked enough and got our new learning room organized enough to start back to school! Frankly, I was starting to get worried...ha Today went very well though. So far I am extremely pleased with our new curriculum choices for math and language arts. Now, if I could just actually get some lesson planning done... And get the finishing touches done in the learning room, so I can blog it! In other news, it has been a bit of a traumatic week...pet-wise. Last weekend a sweet friend (who had asked my permission beforehand) brought the kiddos their very own little fish tank with two goldfish. Well, on Sunday we noticed that The Princess' fish was pretty lethargic...dead, actually. She was sad, but she handled it fairly well. And we went to the store that evening and let her pick out a new goldfish. Well, today during our school time~the fish tank is in our learning room~we noticed Mr. B's fish was acting funny. And then he was dead. It was a

Door Hanger Chore Charts

My kids have had a chore chart for a while.  It's one of those magnetic boards and they share it.  However, it's not by their rooms and often they (and I) forget to update it.  Plus it's a little bulky.   When I saw the concept of a door hanger chore chart on Pinterest, I loved it!  It was compact, right there were the kiddos could see it coming out and going into their rooms, and it costs almost nothing to make.   I headed over to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, of course.  They  have these little wooden door hangers for .79.  I also grabbed a couple of packets of decorative buttons for $1.99 each.  I already had the clothes pins and the paint so those cost me nothing.   I began by painting the door hangers (I used tempera paints because that's what I had).  Then I grabbed a fine point Sharpie and the clothes pins and started writing chores on them, making sure to write them correctly so they will clip on the right direction.   The left