Skip to main content

We're Officially Moved

Well, it's over. At least the moving part.

Well, almost the moving part. Vince is coming with the final load today.

But I got here yesterday! I seriously thought the packing would never end. I mean, who know we had so much....ahem.....stuff. By Tuesday night when I finally crashed in a hotel bed after midnight I could no longer feel my feet~they were just numb!

I wish you could have seen me today, driving our pickup truck with a backseat full of 13 potted plants: 2 houseplants, 1 pot of flowers and 10 tomato and pepper plants. It was like a garden nursery in there! They seem to have fared well on the trip and I really do hope so because they have been doing great. There are the cutest little tomatoes and peppers growing all over them.

(On a sidenote: I'd love to know what you recommend for an organic/all-natural pest control for the veggie plants. Please tell me!)

I am so ready to get crackin' on the unpacking now! My sweet mom went over to the house this week and cleaned all the cabinets and lined them with shelf paper for me. So they're all ready for me to fill up:) And fill them up I will!

Just thought I'd show you a pic of the house we have leased. It's a downsize for us~we're losing about 400 sq. ft. in the house, plus a tool shed and a huge attic. But we are gaining a garage and I do like the house. I think it's going to work well for us for now. The yard is sort of the sad part. It's really tiny and there are NO trees. No anything really. Just a few shrubs and a bed of weeds in the front. We've definitely got some yardwork to do! It's always fun to have a clean slate to do whatever with though, right?! And there's all those apple seeds that my kiddos have insisted on saving, too....

I promise to not be so scarce from now on. Now that most of the crazy part is over, I can get back to regular blogging. I've really missed it! There are lots of post ideas in the cooker:)

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...