Skip to main content

Broccoli Cornbread

We had this the other night~I hadn't made it in years, but it was as good as I remembered! Have you ever tried it?

Broccoli Cornbread
1 stick butter
4 large eggs
1 medium onion, chopped fine
2 pkgs. corn muffin mix (like Jiffy)
12 oz. cottage cheese
1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
Heat oven to 375F. In a 9x13 pan, melt the stick of butter in the oven while mixing the following ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the eggs, onion, cottage cheese, muffin mix and broccoli until well mixed. Then add the melted butter to the mixture, but don't scrape the baking pan~leave a little butter in to keep the cornbread from sticking. Stir again until ingredients are combined. Pour into baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 30-40 minutes. This can be frozen and reheated.


Sarah said…
Lora, that sounds delicious! I'm going to swap the cottage cheese for ricotta, I think. Great idea!

Natasha in Oz said…
That really sounds good and so healthy too! Great recipe-thanks so much for posting it!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and happy St Patrick's day!

Best wishes,
I made this for a simple dinner at my church and everyone raved about it. It was moist and delightful. I did add one cup of shredded pepper jack cheese. Perfect accompaniment for the lentil stew I made.
Anonymous said…
So.... These are in my oven now....and....I completely forgot the egg!!! *face palm*. I'm hoping it comes out ok!
Dear Anonymous,

Uh oh!! I hope it turns out ok! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Making Notebooks

Recently I tried out a new craft idea~and it was SO much fun!! And extremely frugal, too. That's always a bonus, right? So here we go: 1. Take your basic composition notebook (purchased at the back-to-school sales for .99 each). 2. Go to your craft supplies and get your Mod Podge ready, along with a good paintbrush. 3. Look through all those scrapbook papers you've been randomly collecting and choose some. 3. After choosing your paper for the cover of your book and trimming it to fit, start *painting* the cover with the glue. Next, give the back of your paper a good coat of glue, too. (I left the binding uncovered so that I could use a contrasting paper there later on). 4. Glue it on! Remember to smooth out any air bubbles under the paper. 5. Flip the cover open and make a few cuts on the corners so that they will fold over nice and neat, then add a little more glue to the edges of the inside cover and a little more to the paper edges. 6. Fold them over a

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second c

Door Hanger Chore Charts

My kids have had a chore chart for a while.  It's one of those magnetic boards and they share it.  However, it's not by their rooms and often they (and I) forget to update it.  Plus it's a little bulky.   When I saw the concept of a door hanger chore chart on Pinterest, I loved it!  It was compact, right there were the kiddos could see it coming out and going into their rooms, and it costs almost nothing to make.   I headed over to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, of course.  They  have these little wooden door hangers for .79.  I also grabbed a couple of packets of decorative buttons for $1.99 each.  I already had the clothes pins and the paint so those cost me nothing.   I began by painting the door hangers (I used tempera paints because that's what I had).  Then I grabbed a fine point Sharpie and the clothes pins and started writing chores on them, making sure to write them correctly so they will clip on the right direction.   The left