Skip to main content

Tasty Tuesday: Broccoli Delight Salad

Welcome back to Tasty Tuesday!

I don't know about you, but I start to crave salads more when the weather warms up.  There's just something about a warm, sunny day and a delicious, fresh salad that go perfectly together.  I recently made one of my favorite salads that I hadn't had in a while and it tasted soooo good!  I know you'll love it, too!

Broccoli Delight Salad

1 lg. bunch fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
(about 4-5 cups)
6 strips bacon, fried crisp & crumbled
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup red onion, diced

3-4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup light mayo
Place washed and well-drained broccoli in a large bowl.  
Add bacon, grapes, raisins, and onion. 
Mix together the dressing ingredients and 
pour over salad, stirring well.  
Serve and enjoy! 
*Fresh cauliflower also works great in this recipe.

Don't miss a thing here at My Blessed Life!  Subscribe by email, 
follow this blog, and "like" the Facebook page today!


Courtney B said…
Ooooh this is one of my FAVORITE salads! I never thought to put grapes in it though, yum! Totally going to do that next time!
Bridgette said…
This looks SO good! I am definitely going to have to try it! :)
Unknown said…
Lora, This is my favorite salad! The bacon really makes this - without it, it's still good, but just not quite the same :) Sunflower seeds are also a great addition.

Popular posts from this blog

Making Notebooks

Recently I tried out a new craft idea~and it was SO much fun!! And extremely frugal, too. That's always a bonus, right? So here we go: 1. Take your basic composition notebook (purchased at the back-to-school sales for .99 each). 2. Go to your craft supplies and get your Mod Podge ready, along with a good paintbrush. 3. Look through all those scrapbook papers you've been randomly collecting and choose some. 3. After choosing your paper for the cover of your book and trimming it to fit, start *painting* the cover with the glue. Next, give the back of your paper a good coat of glue, too. (I left the binding uncovered so that I could use a contrasting paper there later on). 4. Glue it on! Remember to smooth out any air bubbles under the paper. 5. Flip the cover open and make a few cuts on the corners so that they will fold over nice and neat, then add a little more glue to the edges of the inside cover and a little more to the paper edges. 6. Fold them over a

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second c

Door Hanger Chore Charts

My kids have had a chore chart for a while.  It's one of those magnetic boards and they share it.  However, it's not by their rooms and often they (and I) forget to update it.  Plus it's a little bulky.   When I saw the concept of a door hanger chore chart on Pinterest, I loved it!  It was compact, right there were the kiddos could see it coming out and going into their rooms, and it costs almost nothing to make.   I headed over to one of my favorite stores: Hobby Lobby, of course.  They  have these little wooden door hangers for .79.  I also grabbed a couple of packets of decorative buttons for $1.99 each.  I already had the clothes pins and the paint so those cost me nothing.   I began by painting the door hangers (I used tempera paints because that's what I had).  Then I grabbed a fine point Sharpie and the clothes pins and started writing chores on them, making sure to write them correctly so they will clip on the right direction.   The left