Skip to main content

End of the Week Wrap {Summertime Fun}

It's been a while since I've done a weekly wrap--since we finished full-time school for the summer actually.  But I this week warranted a wrap.  It's been one busy week!

In my life this week...

I have gone at break-neck speed taking the kiddos places, going to ladies Bible study, going to meetings, running the never-ending list of errands, cleaning off my desk, attempting a project or two...  It has been exhausting.  By Thursday night I was able to get in bed before 10 pm--something that I NEVER do because I am simply a night owl.  But I was asleep before 10:30 that night and actually got a full 8 hours of shut-eye.  I awoke on Friday feeling refreshed, if still somewhat tired.  I went to bed earlier than usual again last night and since today was Saturday I was able to sleep until I woke up.  Another good 8 hours!  So nice and so needed.  Sometimes we just have to say "no, not now" to things that need to be done in order to take care of ourselves to be able to do them soon.  And in my case, I have quite a lot to do around the house today and since I got a good night's sleep, I'm ready to tackle it!

Places we're going, people we're seeing...

This week was my sister's birthday--yea!!  We all went out as a family and tried a new-to-us German/Polish restaurant.  It was a lot of fun!



The kiddos had lots of places to go this week, too: VBS, Kids' Crusade, a friend's birthday party ...busy, busy, busy!

Each morning this week was spent at VBS at a local church.  They had a great time!  (And I enjoyed those three hours each morning doing all kinds of stuff on my own--something that almost never happens:).

Plus on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings we took a group of kids from our church to a church in a neighboring town for their Kids Crusade.  Those evenings were filled with fun, food, and lots of energy!  I went with them last night for the grand finale.  

The Princess worshiping with her whole heart.

Mr. B getting to put a pie in the face of one of the leaders.

Things I'm working on...

I mentioned having meetings to attend this week.  Those were with committees with our homeschool group.  I am busy working on field trips and activities for the upcoming school year and also thinking about and planning co-op classes that I might possibly teach.  

I also went ahead and got out all of my supplies for working on the kiddos' school scrapbooks so they'll be looking me in the face every time I walk by them.  I need the reminder!!  I am SO behind on those and tell myself every summer that I'm going to get them caught up.  THIS IS THE SUMMER!  I still have over a month before we start back to school and I plan to really make some headway on those.  

I'm cooking...

Well, honestly, I didn't cook much this week.  Only one night were we even home to eat dinner.  But this morning I whipped up our favorite muffins: Blueberry!!  Seriously, they are the best!


I'm reading...

I am just wrapping up Unglued (more on that soon!).  I am also in the middle of several other books (not sure why I've started so many) and am working to finish them starting with the one that has the least pages left..ha!  

I'm grateful for...

This week I was blessed with a ton of {free} school supplies!  A lady affiliated with our homeschool group was blessed with a ton of things and in turn blessed anyone who could come and look through them.  I came home with a world timeline (been wanting one of these forever!), a GeoSafari, math manipulatives and math workbooks, readers, unit studies, dictionaries, word building blocks, science models, science books, and more!  Now I just need to get organized for the upcoming school year:)


And that about wraps up our week.  It's been fast and furious, but it's really been a great week!

I hope yours has been blessed as well!


This post is linked to the Weekly Wrap-Up at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.


*****
Don't miss a thing here at My Blessed Life!
Subscribe, Follow, & "Like" today!


Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...