Skip to main content

Menu Plan Monday: Sept 19th

Boy, this time of the week sure does come quickly these day! I like to sit down and make my menu plans on Sunday afternoons. It just sets the right tone for beginning the week. I also like to check the weather forecast and look over my calendar to make sure I haven't forgotten any special events that we have planned. Oh-and then I always need to check my freezer and pantry before completing my shopping list. What does your menu planning session look like?

Here's this week's menu:

Monday: Northern Beans with Buttermilk Cornbread
Tuesday: {date with my hubby!}
Wednesday: Cheddar Broccoli Quiche
Thursday: {missions banquet}
Friday: Hawaiian Bacon Pizza with Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
Saturday: Chicken L'Orange

Besides my these dinners I have a few other recipes that I plan to make this week as well:

~Stoveless Tomato Sauce: I have several large tomatoes that need to be eaten and I think this would be a lovely way to use them and a great way to break in my new immersion blender!

~Homemade Spaghetti-oh's: My kiddos love spaghetti-oh's, but I have to admit I hate buying them. They just don't seem nutritious at all. However, this looks like a great take on them and I think my kids will love it for lunch!

~Party Mix: Fall just isn't Fall around our house if there isn't some of this to munch on! I'm craving some right now!

~Chopped Apple Cake: It's my grandma's recipe and it's Ah-mazing! Since it's one of my all-time fave Fall foods I think I'll make it this week as a birthday cake for myself:)

OK, I guess I'd better stop there. This cooking business is getting out of hand!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Popular posts from this blog

The Making of an Egyptian Death Mask

We are learning all about the ancient world this year with Story of the World I and loving it! We've been learning a lot about Egypt, of course, which is completely fascinating. Most recently we have studied the New Kingdom of Egypt, which includes the story of King Tut. So we decided making an Egyptian death mask in the style of King Tut's would be a fun project. First since it was too cold at the time to paper mache in the garage (it probably would have frozen instead of dried-ha) and it was too messy to do it in the house, we decided to pick up a couple of cheap craft masks at Hobby Lobby. Next we cut out cardboard shapes to complete the shape of the death mask, attaching them with hot glue. Vince even put a little detail on the *beard* with the hot glue per The Princess' request. Then the kiddos started to paint them with this metallic gold tempera paint. It worked okay for the cardboard, but would not coat the plastic of the mask. We thought maybe a second coat ...

One Way I Refresh During the Summer as a Homeschool Mom

As our homeschool takes some time off this summer, my mind almost never stops thinking of and planning ahead for the upcoming school year.  This is probably because I'm Type A and an obsessive planner...lol Whatever the reason, I do enjoy this season of planning.   But I also need to be refreshed as a homeschool mom.  Homeschooling can be incredibly exhausting and all-consuming.  It's not easy and it's a lot of responsibility.  And I take that very seriously when I am researching curriculum and planning toward the next school year.  So also taking some time to rejuvenate and refocus myself is very important.   How do I do this?   Each summer I take some time to read something inspiring and motivating that speaks to me as a homeschool mom.  Some of my fave reads from past years--that I have nearby on my shelf and refer to often--are Educating the Wholehearted Child, The Well-Trained Mind, The Charlotte Mason Companion, A T...

Arkansas' Crimson Clover

One of my favorite things about Spring is the crimson clover that grows along the highways and interstates here in Arkansas. I say Arkansas because this is where I first grew to love it. We actually saw some in Mississippi on our way here and I saw it in our town in Alabama for the first time this year. But it spreads like that, each year it grows and looks even more beautiful. I'm not sure who decided to plant it in the medians of the interstates , but it was genius! It seeds itself and just comes back more lush the next year. I always want to take pictures, but of course it's almost always in the median of a very busy interstate~which is a little dangerous for photography. However, the other day I found the perfect patch of it on the side of a not-too-busy highway, so Vince obliged me and pulled over:) Isn't it beautiful? I just had to share it with you...